Home About Us Our Store Information Investigations Links The Lighter Side Contact

Copyright (c) 2009-2017 Steel City Ghost Hunters
All photos, audio recordings & videos on this site are the property of Steel City Ghost Hunters.
No content on this site may be reproduced without express written permission.

CURRENT MOON

Current Fields

Solar X-Rays
Status
Status
Geomagnetic Field
Steel City Ghost Hunters
Twitter Email facebook YouTube

Madison Seminary

Madison, OH      September 21, 2012

Collected Evidence:

Madison-092112-003-Chand-1-enh by SteelCity GhostHunters
Madison-092112-018-oc-fu2-enh by SteelCity GhostHunters

Investigators:

Mike, Missy, Kim, Lois, Nikki     

Equipment:  

EMF, K2, Mel Meter, geophone, Spirit Box  

Voice Recorders (2 digital),

DVR with 4 IR static cameras

Various handheld camcorders & cameras, etc.


Conditions:

Weather:  Cloudy and light rain, Temp 45-52, DP 50,

                  Humidity 85-96%, BP 29.88, Winds Calm


Moon:      Waxing Crescent (37% illuminated)

Fields:       Solar x-rays = Normal  Geomagnetic field = Quiet

History:

In 1847 a small frame building opened in Madison Township, Lake County, OH that became known as the Madison Seminary.  By 1859 a brick structure had been added to the east side of the original structure. The original frame structure was converted to a boarding hall. At one time some 150 students were enrolled in the Seminary.

By Nov 10, 1891, the name of the facility officially became the Madison Home, purchased and owned by the Ohio Women’s Relief Corps, a women’s group of the Grand Army of the Republic, GAR for short. This home was to render needful assistance to Army nurses and soldiers’ mothers, wives and sisters for whom no provision has yet been made to care for the people uprooted from the spoils of America’s Civil War.   The WRC Madison Home portion of the facility officially ceased operation June 30, 1962 when it was taken over by the Ohio Department of Mental Hygiene and Corrections.  In the 1960's, the institution was called Opportunity Village. A one-story addition connecting the other buildings was constructed, although another may have been built in 1989. Opportunity Village housed some selected honor inmates from Ohio Women’s Reformatory in Marysville. These inmates worked as staff at the facility, learning skills as nurse’s aids and other occupations.  Opportunity Village was closed in 1975.

Summary:

Synopsis or Personal experiences:x  

    10:30 - Group of 4 of us were in the chandelier room and felt a sharp temp drop during a flashlight session (EVP)

    12:30 - 4 girls were in the Cottage and all got suddenly nauseous.

    02:00 - flashlight response in ballroom

    03:00 - finished the evening with a spirit box session in the globe room.